Young Friends T-shirt Contest
The votes are in, and Oviedo resident Brian Demeter is our winner! His Florida creature-themed design will be produced on a special edition WMFE shirt available sometime in October. Thanks to everyone who entered and voted, and to our sponsor, Go Big Tees.
CALL TO ARTISTS
Calling all Central Florida artists!
Young Friends of 90.7 WMFE is looking for a design that embodies the theme “Be Radio Active” for a special edition, limited-run 90.7 WMFE T-shirt.
Submit your design by Aug. 23, and then, listeners will weigh in to pick the winner.*
We have partnered with local family-owned and operated print company Go Big Tees, located in Mills 50, to produce the shirts, which will be available to our listeners during 90.7 WMFE’s fall membership drive.
The winner’s name/business will appear on the T-shirt, plus, the winner will get to choose from: (1) $500 cash OR (2) a sponsorship package of on-air spots and web banner worth $1,000.
See more details and artwork guidelines below.
What: 90.7 WMFE T-shirt contest
Hosted by: Young Friends of 90.7 WMFE
Partner: Go Big Tees
Entry deadline: Aug. 23
Voting period: Aug. 25-Sept. 7
Winner announced: Sept. 8
Shirts available: Oct. 23
Theme: Be Radio Active.
Questions to help inspire you:
- What does being part of the public radio community mean to you?
- How does 90.7 WMFE make you feel?
- How do you share your love of public radio with others?
About 90.7 WMFE: We are public radio for Central Florida. On air, online and in the community. We are nonprofit and member-supported, the region’s primary provider of NPR news. Learn more.
Winner will receive:
- $500 cash -or-
- Sponsorship package worth $1,000 includes: Eight 20-second sponsorship spots (Mon-Sun 6 a.m.-11 p.m.) to run through Sept. 30, and a banner ad (300 x 250) to run for 30 days on wmfe.org
- Name/business on the T-shirt & marketing materials
- Three shirts
- To enter, you must live in WMFE’s coverage area (Orange, Seminole, Osceola, Volusia, Brevard and Lake counties).
- Your design may include 4 colors.
- Your design must fit within imprint area: 16″ tall x 12.75″ wide
- File should be vector art (EPS, AI) that is no more than 4 spot colors. If you have to send a raster file, make sure it’s 300 ppi or higher.
- Design must relate to the “Be Radio Active” theme in some way.
- Must include 90.7 WMFE logo [download logos] (standard or white, unaltered)
- You may suggest your preferred t-shirt color, but we reserve the right to change it.
Questions? Email us.
* 90.7 WMFE reserves the right to overrule votes, should we feel that the chosen design is not appropriately reflective of the station.
Contest Rules and Regulations:
WMFE is not responsible for lost, late, delayed or illegible entries or requests for entries. WMFE assumes no responsibility for computer system, hardware, software or program malfunctions or other errors, failures, damages, delayed computer transactions or network connections, whether human, technical or otherwise in nature, in conjunction with this contest, participation or in connection with any prize acceptance. WMFE, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the website or who is otherwise in violation of the Official Rules. Entrants agree WMFE has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this contest and that its decision is final and binding.
Winners will be notified by telephone and/or email. Any prize not timely accepted by the winner (within 48 hours of initial contact from WMFE) will be awarded to an alternate winner. If a prize notification e-mail or any prize is returned to WMFE or its designated agent as undeliverable, that prize will be awarded to an alternate winner. In the event the Winner does not accept the prize for any reason, is deemed ineligible by WMFE, or fails to comply with these Official Rules, the prize will be awarded to a substitute winner selected by WMFE. This process will be repeated if necessary until a winner is determined.
Winners must confirm their acceptance of the prize by the date provided in the prize notification; otherwise, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. The prize is guaranteed to be awarded except if forfeited by a prize winner or in the event that WMFE ceases operation, or for some other reason is unable to fulfill the prize after a diligent effort is made. In such circumstances WMFE assumes no responsibility (monetary or otherwise) to fulfill the prize. Prizes are not redeemable for cash, exchangeable, or transferable. All taxes on prizes, including but not limited to Federal, State and local income and sales taxes, are the sole responsibility of the winners.
To obtain the prize, the winning entrant must provide proof of the correctness of entrant’s information on the entry form and compliance with the terms and conditions contained in the Official Rules by signing an Affidavit of Eligibility, release of publicity and release of liability and return the executed documents to WMFE.
All images and rights relating to them, including copyright and ownership rights in the media in which the images are stored, remain the sole and exclusive property of the artist. The artwork will be licensed to WMFE, providing the limited right to reproduce, publicly display, and distribute the images only on T-shirts and other station promotional items as well as marketing materials. Copyright and artist’s name will always appear with the artwork.