WMFE is Central Florida's primary provider of NPR programming on 90.7 FM and Classical Music on 90.7 HD2. Part of the community since 1965, WMFE focuses on providing quality national and local news and programming. We inspire and empower all Central Floridians to discover, grow and engage within and beyond their world.
• https://wmfeintersection.s3.amazonaws.com/051118_Intersection.mp3Podcast: Play in new window | DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSSA cluster of sinkholes in an Ocala neighborhood has forced some residents to move out. Engineers are testing the ground to see what’s caused the sinkholes and when it might be safe for those residents to return home. Florida is a sinkhole prone state, but there’s still a lot we don’t know about why they appear and when. On this episode of Intersection, UCF engineering professor Manoj Chopra joins us to explain the science of sinkholes and insurance specialist Patrick Joy … Read More »
• What does Universal have in store for the roller coaster formerly known as Dueling Dragons? Orlando Sentinel theme park reporter DeWayne Bevil said the future of that ride, one of his favorites, is shrouded in mystery. Read More »
• Ok there’s a day where 20-somethings dress up in retro inspired clothing and walk around the Disney parks…sweating. It’s called Dapper Day. It’s gone on for years. Today I read that Universal fans are going to do the same thing called “Spiffy Saturdays”. Folks are meeting at the globe at 10 on Saturday then marching around in bobby socks and ill-fitting cardigans all day. For info search for “Spiffy Saturday” on Facebook. The first Saturday and Sunday of every month Bank of America and Merrill Lynch cardholders get free admission to Orlando Science Center. The deal applies to the cardholder only and does not include guests. So don’t even try it. There’s a Latin festival with music, entertainment, food, raffles … Read More »
• 5 dogs and a bird from Austin put on a live stage show involving a journey, a juggler and the Circus Chickendog’s Rehabilitation Home for Wayward Dogs in “Circus Chicken Dog” Thursdays thru Sundays now to February 21st at The Venue in Ivanhoe Village. For more info go to chickendog.net/stageshow. Short films play and you pay at the annual downtown Sanford Love Your Shorts Film Festival all weekend. For more info go to loveyourshorts.com. Pet Alliance of Greater Orlando does a fun community dog walk with dock diving, dog activity course, dog sports area and more Saturday 9 to 1 in Lake Eola Park. For more info go to pawsinthepark.org. Diana Ross is performing in Saturday night at Universal during … Read More »
• Starting Thursday morning visitors to the happiest place on earth—Walt Disney World–have to go through metal detectors. SeaWorld and Universal now have them as well. This comes on the heels of recent terror attacks in Paris and California. Read More »