WMFE is Central Florida's primary provider of NPR programming on 90.7 FM and Classical Music on 90.7 HD2. Part of the community since 1965, WMFE focuses on providing quality national and local news and programming. We inspire and empower all Central Floridians to discover, grow and engage within and beyond their world.
• Rollins College unveiled first look photos of a new Mister Rogers sculpture today. The “A Beautiful Day for a Neighbor” sculpture will be installed on campus this fall. The 7 foot tall, 3,000 pound bronze statue will honor the alumnus’s legacy. Read More »
• Lake Nona Town Center, home of autonomous vehicles and an outdoor food hall will transform into a true winter wonderland with one of Central Florida’s only outdoor, open-air skating rinks surrounded by Christmas trees, twinkly lights, snow flurries, a mailbox for letters to Santa, hot cocoa and dipped waffles, strolling carolers, and more during “Oh What Fun,” tonight until 10, Saturday 11 to 10 and Sunday 11 to 9. Orlando Ballet presents the beloved Holiday tradition, The Nutcracker, not the Balanchine version FYI. Ahem. As the lights dim and the music soars, let the magical world of Clara’s dreams take you on a journey through sparkling snowflakes, waltzing flowers and dancing sweets! Will the Nutcracker triumph over the mischievous Mouse … Read More »
• Before he created the beloved children’s program, Fred Rogers’ neighborhood was the campus of Rollins College. Last year we took a walking tour of the Winter Park campus and talked about his time at Rollins with Communications Manager Jo Marie Hebeler. Read More »
• This weekend, Rollins College is presenting a music program honoring famous alum Fred Rogers – as in “Mister Rogers,” who shared his “neighborhood” with kids across America for more than thirty years on PBS. Read More »
• Earth Day was created by Senator Gaylord Nelson and it’s still growing strong. I guess if you like trees and breathing… YAY! Orlando celebrates the day with a large event including environmental education exhibitors, presentations, kids games, and more. Central Florida Earth Day is Saturday 10 to 6 at Lake Eola Park. Some people have kids. I know, right? Gah! For those who have them and like them… there’s Kid Fest, a free day of workshops, crafts, food, music and more. Kid Fest is Saturday 12 to 3:30 in the Audubon Park Garden District. My Mom loves Harry Potter and if she could, she would go to the Harry Potter Witches and Wizards Market of Orlando. There she would find … Read More »