WMFE is Central Florida's primary provider of NPR programming on 90.7 FM and Classical Music on 90.7 HD2. Part of the community since 1965, WMFE focuses on providing quality national and local news and programming. We inspire and empower all Central Floridians to discover, grow and engage within and beyond their world.
• Before the end of this month, Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi will have to explain to a Tallahassee judge why her office allegedly directed companies that settled unfair trade actions to donate millions in restitution payments to unregistered charities. In a complaint, Orlando businessman John D. Smith accuses Bondi of abusing her authority when she forced 14 businesses her office was investigating to settle by donating more than $5.5 million to 35 unregistered charities from 2011 to 2016. Bondi has denied the allegations, calling them meritless and saying Smith has targeted her office and heaped abuse on attorneys. Behind the lawsuit over charity donations, the saga between the two parties is an extensive legal fight that, weirdly enough, started over … Read More »
• Florida’s ethics commission ruled Attorney General Pam Bondi broke no rules by failing to investigate Trump University. That did not sit well with Orlando Sentinel Columnist Scott Maxwell, who weighs in on the latest twist in the saga. Read More »
• TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — A southwest Florida prosecutor assigned by the governor to investigate a bribery complaint against President Donald Trump and Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi has found insufficient evidence to move forward. Read More »
• Gov. Rick Scott says calls for a probe into Donald Trump’s campaign donation to Attorney General Pam Bondi are just partisan politics. The Trump Foundation donated $25,000 as Bondi’s office looked into complaints about Trump University. Read More »
• Questions are piling up about Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi and her decision not to investigate allegations of fraud at Trump University. The New York Attorney General is investigating the case, but Bondi decided not to right around the time she accepted a campaign contribution from Trump. Are Trump supporters worried about the optics here? Read More »