90.7 WMFE and 89.5 WMFV are Central Florida's primary provider of NPR programming and Classical Music. Part of the community since 1965, providing quality national and local news and programming. We inspire and empower all Central Floridians to discover, grow and engage within and beyond their world.
• Orlando Shakes has announced its return to live performances. The theater company is partnering with UCF with its staging of “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” at Walt Disney Amphitheater at Lake Eola. Read More »
• Gather in gratitude to celebrate community and the spirit of #OrlandoUnited during The One Orlando Alliance’s event called Love and Kindness on the Lawn. Enjoy local music, food trucks, hugs, a group Loving Kindness Meditation, a giant “human heart” group photo and more Sunday 12:30 -2:30pm on the front lawn of the Dr Phillips Center for the Performing Arts. Watch the Tony Awards® on a big projection screen while enjoying food from @SwedeDISH food truck, The vegan hot dog cart, and @Orlan-dough donut maker, themed drinks, trivia during the commercial breaks, and more during Orlando Shakes’ Tony Awards Viewing Party Sunday starting at 6 at Orlando Shakes. A bicycle themed poster show based on ArtCrank®, the original poster party for … Read More »
• The musical “In the Heights” tells the story of a vibrant community of friends and family in New York’s Washington Heights neighborhood. It’s a community on the brink of change, where the biggest struggles can be deciding which traditions you take with you, and which ones you leave behind. The musical “In the Heights,” plays Saturday at 7:30 at Orlando Shakes. For tickets go to orlandoshakes.org. The Orange County Library System’s annual Fall Book Sale is back and takes place on the third floor of the Orlando Public Library in downtown Orlando and features a great selection of already discounted fiction and non-fiction, recorded books, DVDs, CDs and more will be available for half price. The Fall Book Sale is … Read More »
• A large lineup of speakers from all walks of life and professions deliver entertaining and thought provoking presentations in an evening of learning called PechaKucha. However, different from durge-like slothy learning events during which a speaker goes on and on with no care placed towards pace, PechaKucha keeps the speed and energy alive by limiting its speakers to 5 minute talks punctuated by a maximum of 20 slides forwarding behind them on a large screen every 20 seconds… PechaKucha takes place tonight at Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts. A self-guided walk thru of the Maitland Art Center’s newest exhibit “Fiber” mixes with live music, literature readings, a cash bar and socializing to create a relaxed and intelligent evening … Read More »
• The movie “It’s a Wonderful Life” is a film everyone loves, even though it’s in black and white. What is this, the eighties? Is Michael J. Fox going to jump out and say “Where we’re going we don’t need angles” Now the folks at Orlando Shakes are putting it on stage as a radio play (a.k.a.- they ain’t paying for sets and they only have to pay 5 actors to play dozens of characters) It’s a Wonderful Life is currently running with the final show falling on December 30. For tickets go to orlandoshakes.org. The City of the Orlando’s annual Tree Lighting Celebration is tonight until 9 at the Lake Eola amphitheater. The 72 foot tree will be sparkling, carolers … Read More »