WMFE is Central Florida's primary provider of NPR programming on 90.7 FM and Classical Music on 90.7 HD2. Part of the community since 1965, WMFE focuses on providing quality national and local news and programming. We inspire and empower all Central Floridians to discover, grow and engage within and beyond their world.
• The Orlando Science Center is bringing Pompeii-themed events to Central Florida to herald the June 2020 arrival of a world-renowned exhibit called “Pompeii: The Immortal City.” Among the first of these events is a culinary presentation called “Pompeii’s Table.” Read More »
• The Orange County Regional History Center has a new event called the Brechner Speaker Series, which honors the late Joseph L. Brechner, a longtime journalist, Central Florida community leader, and television pioneer. At the next Brechner Speaker Series event, Veteran Florida journalist Mark Lane will give a humorous talk about one of the most intriguing duties of the Florida legislature — signing state symbols into law. Lane will spotlight the surprising things designated to officially define the Sunshine State. This talk takes place Sunday at 2 at the Orange County Regional History Center. On closing day of SNAP Orlando art gallery’s exhibition called City Unseen 2.0 take one last gallery tour, meet the artists, experience Augmented Reality art, enjoy a … Read More »
• Mark Baratelli, publisher of The Daily City is taking a well-deserved break. WMFE’s Bill Johnson is filling in for Mark. A world without bees is literally a world without fruit, vegetables, and nuts. And the lack of honey would be the least of humanity’s problems, and that’s saying something since I make Mead! Let’s do something about it and celebrate National Honey Bee Day at Leu Gardens Saturday from 10am-3pm. You can learn all about Bees from a Master Beekeeper. See a working hive and sample honey. Honey and bee related items will be for sale including beekeeping gear. Regular garden admission is required, find out more at LeuGardens.org If you’re of a certain age… you can’t talk about … Read More »
• Spend an evening walking in the Milk District enjoying a sample of wine, beer, or specialty cocktail at each business during their new event called The Milky Way tonight 6 to 10 at the Orlando Elks Lodge. Florida’s largest Symphony Orchestra with 150 members will perform a concert of Broadway songs Saturday at 2 at Calvary Orlando. The national tour of the Broadway musical “Come From Away” has landed in Orlando. It’s the story of the people aboard 38 planes who were forced to land in a tiny Canadian town on 9/11 and what happened to them… and the locals who welcomed them. Come From Away plays Saturday at 2 and Sunday at 1 at Dr Phillips Center for the … Read More »
• A new outdoor music festival called Opera on Eola is being put on at Lake Eola by a group called Opera Del Sol. My mother’s name is Del, so thank you for that. Expect opera performances, visual art, a vendor market, and food. Opera on Eola is Sunday 12 to 4 at Lake Eola Park. Continuing this weekend, UCF is taking over the Dr. Phillips Center for its annual “UCF Celebrates the Arts!” Take in shows like Pip Squeak- An anti-bullying magic show, When Pigs Fly- theatre for the very young, and Sergio Mendes. For times and details go to arts.ucf.edu While you’re downtown, stay for the Taco Crawl. Pay one fee and get four tacos and the chance to … Read More »