WMFE is Central Florida's primary provider of NPR programming on 90.7 FM and Classical Music on 90.7 HD2. Part of the community since 1965, WMFE focuses on providing quality national and local news and programming. We inspire and empower all Central Floridians to discover, grow and engage within and beyond their world.
• The Orlando Magic’s embarking on its 30th season. It’s been a roller coaster ride for fans over the last three decades. Now they’re hoping for a change in fortunes. Joining Intersection for a conversation about the Magic is basketball trainer and coach Irwin Hudson, who’s been following the team for 27 years. Read More »
• This week the Magic put the finishing touches on the franchise’s sad 29th season. But that was more or less expected. What wasn’t expected, however, was just how badly this season would go, landing them last in the Eastern Conference. At times play this season has been so appalling that many have hoped to tank the remainder of the season for the sake of bettering the team’s odds in the Draft Lottery. But even if it’s considered sound to finish last, who celebrates a team with one of the worst records in the NBA? For some fans, these recent seasons have been enough to throw up their hands. Magic jerseys began to collect at the backs of closets. Some local … Read More »
• https://wmfeintersection.s3.amazonaws.com/123016_Intersection.mp3Podcast: Play in new window | DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSSThe new year is right around the corner- and for some people that means a whole new set of goals. New Year’s resolutions can be easy to make… but sometimes they’re hard to keep. As we say goodbye to 2016 and ring in the new year- we want to hear your new year’s resolutions- we’re taking your calls. We’ll be joined by some experts too- a life coach, a psychologist and a personal trainer. We’ll talk about how to set goals, … Read More »
• Starting next year, central Florida will become a training ground for up-and-coming pro-basketball players. The Orlando Magic have announced it’s bringing a NBA Development League team to Lakeland. Read More »
• AP sports reporter Terrance Harris talks about what UCF football fans have to look forward to from the Knights new coach. And he says the Orlando Magic are looking to rebuild under a new coach and make it to the NBA playoffs this year. Read More »