WMFE is Central Florida's primary provider of NPR programming on 90.7 FM and Classical Music on 90.7 HD2. Part of the community since 1965, WMFE focuses on providing quality national and local news and programming. We inspire and empower all Central Floridians to discover, grow and engage within and beyond their world.
• The Orlando Ballet’s presentation of “The Nutcracker” is an annual holiday tradition for the organization. And the tradition is expanding, says the ballet, to reflect both growing ticket sales and the diverse makeup of the Central Florida community. Read More »
• The Orlando Ballet is marking a special milestone this year: Robert Hill’s 10th anniversary as Artistic Director. The company is celebrating on a grand scale with this weekend’s performance of Carmina Burana. Read More »
• A festival devoted to short films screening 80 shorts over four days is coming your way this weekend called the Love your shorts festival at the Wayne Densch Performing Arts Center in Sanford. Go to loveyourshorts.com. Young William Shakespeare’s life is changed after meeting a woman who inspires him to write one of his greatest plays in the stage adaptation of the film “Shakespeare in Love” playing all weekend at the Orlando Shakespeare Theatre. Go to orlandoshakes.org. And speaking of Shakespeare, Orlando Ballet is doing “Romeo and Juliet” set to Prokofiev’s rich score all weekend. For details google Orlando Ballet. Indie Folk Fest is back this year with live music, crafts, art and food Saturday noon to 5 at Mennello … Read More »
• The Orlando Ballet turns to the big band era for the last performance of the season- with a 1950’s inspired take on Cinderella. We’ll hear how the show is put together. That’s ahead on Intersection, first the news.
Read More »
• A ballet program with choreography by George Balanchine, Jerome Robbins and Twyla Tharpe all set to music by Tchaikovsky, Leonard Bernstein and Frank Sinatra is coming up Saturday at 8 and Sunday at 2 from Orlando Ballet. For tickets go to orlandoballet.org. Enjoy a day full of wine tasting and seafood sampling at the Wine and Seafood Festival at Lakeridge Winery all day Saturday and Sunday. For info go to lakeridgewinery.com. World Puppetry Day is Sunday and it’s being celebrated locally in Maitland! Experience a day of hand-on family activities, performances and special guest Leslie Carrara-Rudolph, best known for performing Abby Cadabby on Sesame Street. The puppetry funnetry takes place Sunday at 11am at Lake Lily Park. Didn’t get your … Read More »
• The Orlando Ballet’s getting ready for its annual performance of the Nutcracker. Artistic Director Robert Hill explains what keeps the crowds coming back to this holiday favorite, and the kinds of performances he sees in the ballet’s future. Read More »