WMFE is Central Florida's primary provider of NPR programming on 90.7 FM and Classical Music on 90.7 HD2. Part of the community since 1965, WMFE focuses on providing quality national and local news and programming. We inspire and empower all Central Floridians to discover, grow and engage within and beyond their world.
• On the floor of Megacon, a Deadpool casually browses comics while a Rick from Rick and Morty rushes past. In the distance, R2-D2 twitters happily. The never ending parade of costumed fans let universes collide. And for some, genders collide as well. Read More »
• It’s week two of the gigantic stage arts festival, Orlando Fringe. Week one saw artists from all over the world performing their original stage shows day and night. You can catch these shows all weekend long at Loch Haven Park. The South East’s largest comics, sci-fi, horror, anime, and gaming event, attracting over 100,000 fans each year, Megacon, is taking place all weekend at the Orange County Convention Center. A gift shop in College Park is holding the grand opening of its new Winter Garden location this weekend. A place for gifts and home decor, Driftwood Market’s grand opening party is Saturday 11 to 4 at 46 W. Plant Street. Did you know the teeny tiny Smart Car’s origins dates … Read More »
• MegaCon comes to Orlando this weekend, bringing more than 100,000 comic book and pop-culture fans. And while the headline this year may be the Rocky Horror Picture Show reunion with Tim Curry, MegaCon is also raising money for the victims of the Pulse night club shooting. Read More »
• The current exhibit “Pop Art Prints” at Menello Museum of Art presents a selection of 37 prints from the Smithsonian American Art Museum’s permanent collection. The installation includes works from primarily the 1960s by several artists including Jasper Johns, Roy Lichtenstein, Robert Rauschenberg and Andy Warhol. The installation is part of a series that highlights objects from the Smithsonian’s collection that are rarely on public view. This exhibition will be the first of only three museum engagements. For more information go to menellomuseum.com. Orlando Fringe, the 100 show festival of theatre is still going on this weekend and though this year I was not asked to perform in a show, go see some shows, lay down on the green grass … Read More »
• Superheroes, villains, artists and celebrities – tens of thousands of them – converge on the Orange County Convention Center. That can mean only one thing: it’s time for MegaCon. The estimated 70,000 comic book and science fiction fans bring an infusion of cash into the area this weekend…and some fascinating and often elaborate costumes. Read More »