90.7 WMFE and 89.5 WMFV are Central Florida's primary provider of NPR programming and Classical Music. Part of the community since 1965, providing quality national and local news and programming. We inspire and empower all Central Floridians to discover, grow and engage within and beyond their world.
• The City of Orlando welcomed two new swans to Lake Eola today. The Swan-A-Thon fundraising program bought the two male birds to give female black neck swan, Queenie, a companion. City of Orlando staff released the swans from their acclimation pen to Lake Eola. Read More »
• Marjory Stoneman Douglas and Pulse shooting survivors will join local political leaders in speaking out about gun laws tomorrow in downtown Orlando. The event is part of a national voter registration drive. Read More »
• Access to public parks in Orlando is improving according to the Trust for Public Land, which ranks park systems in the 100 largest US cities. The Trust for Public Land’s ParkScore Index places Orlando’s park system 46th, 7 places higher than last year.
Read More »
• There’s a special exhibition at the Orlando Museum of Art called “Enduring Beauty: Seminole Art and Culture” that has inspired a fun family day celebrating Native American culture. This free event features hands-on activities, storytelling, music, dancing, free ben & Jerrys ice cream Saturday 10 to 3 at Orlando Museum of Art. Learn how to weave your fingers through a few basic knots to sculpt a beautiful handmade macrame work of art during a class led by Macrame mama! Tickets provide you with materials, 2 drink tickets for the bar, and a take home, step by step guide to help you remember what you learned. Macrame mamma’s class is Saturday at 4 at Lil Indies in the Mills50 District. What … Read More »
• Learn about Islam and the Muslim community from the source while enjoying an international dinner at the Open House Invitational Dinner Saturday at 5:30 at the Islamic Society of Central Florida. Go to iscf.org. An exhibition of the largest existing painting by American landscape painter Albert Bierstadt, on loan from the St. Johnsbury Athenaeum in Vermont all weekend at the Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art in Winter Park. Go to MorseMuseum.org. Do you enjoy poker and have the equivalent of 20 Venti Skinny Vanilla Almond Milk Lattes in your pocket? Then you belong at the Cattle Baron’s Ball Charity Poker Tournament Saturday 11 to 6 at Harry Buffalo at Church Street Station. Go to a real food and … Read More »