WMFE is Central Florida's primary provider of NPR programming on 90.7 FM and Classical Music on 90.7 HD2. Part of the community since 1965, WMFE focuses on providing quality national and local news and programming. We inspire and empower all Central Floridians to discover, grow and engage within and beyond their world.
• Eleven years ago the musical version of the cult classic movie Xanadu opened on Broadway. This weekend the Garden Theatre is strapping on their roller skates and telling the tale in which Ancient mythology collides with the 1980s. The Greek muse Kira descends from Mount Olympus to Venice Beach, California to help struggling artist Sonny to achieve the greatest artistic creation of his life –the world’s first roller disco. The stage musical Xanadu is being performed Saturday at 2 and 8, and Sunday at 2 at the Garden Theatre in Winter Garden. Mars makes its closest approach to Earth since 2003 this weekend! The staff of the Emil Buehler Planetarium and the members of the Central Florida Astronomical Society are … Read More »
• The Orlando Shakespeare Theater is selling 360 degree seating for an upcoming musical, and the Garden Theatre in Winter Garden is putting on a southern gothic drama with a plot that revolves around an elephant. Read More »
• See a convention center full of the latest model trains, accessories, collectibles and more when Orlando gets a visit from the National Model Train Show Saturday and Sunday at Orlando Convention Center. For info go to nationaltrainshow.org. Set in 1995, a teenager in Manhattan discovers her father is having a 1995 affair in 1995. The film “Landline” is playing all weekend at Enzian Theater, recently named by some national magazine (don’t ask me which one because I don’t read magazines because I am a millennial) as the coolest theater in Florida. For tickets and info go to enzian.org. Local entrepreneurs and creatives show off their wares in a friendly apartment lobby environment at Sip & Shop Pop Up … Read More »
• Last year’s Indie-Folkfest 2016 drew thousands to celebrate local music, artists, food and community and this year…the organizers expect at least one more thousand to add to the thousands from last year… Unless it rains. Then Orlando locals roll up into balls and stay home. Ugh. Join the Indie Folk Fest again while they showcase local, national and regional art, music and culinary talent in the beautiful lakeside Sculpture Garden of The Mennello Museum Saturday noon to 5 at Mennello Museum of American Art. Last year, seventy-five hundred locals enjoyed Asian cultural performances, Arts and Crafts, exotic food and exhibits during the Lunar New year Festival and Dragon Parade. This year, it’s back! The parade will start behind Orlando Fashion … Read More »
• A St. Patrick’s Day celebration featuring a beer garden, food vendors, arts and crafts vendors, musical entertainment, highland games and more continues this evening and Saturday. The St Patrick’s Day Celtic Festival takes place at 426 W. Plant Street in Winter Garden at Crooked Can Brewery. Amalia and Georg respond to a “lonely hearts” ad in the newspaper in hopes of finding their soulmates in the musical She Loves Me taking place this weekend at UCF. But you know the real reason to go see the show? Terry Farley. He’s the male lead and he is hot. Tickets are cheap and there are shows tonight, Saturday and Sunday. For more info go to UCF.edu Three days of arts, artists in … Read More »