WMFE is Central Florida's primary provider of NPR programming on 90.7 FM and Classical Music on 90.7 HD2. Part of the community since 1965, WMFE focuses on providing quality national and local news and programming. We inspire and empower all Central Floridians to discover, grow and engage within and beyond their world.
• Spend an evening walking in the Milk District enjoying a sample of wine, beer, or specialty cocktail at each business during their new event called The Milky Way tonight 6 to 10 at the Orlando Elks Lodge. Florida’s largest Symphony Orchestra with 150 members will perform a concert of Broadway songs Saturday at 2 at Calvary Orlando. The national tour of the Broadway musical “Come From Away” has landed in Orlando. It’s the story of the people aboard 38 planes who were forced to land in a tiny Canadian town on 9/11 and what happened to them… and the locals who welcomed them. Come From Away plays Saturday at 2 and Sunday at 1 at Dr Phillips Center for the … Read More »
• A new outdoor music festival called Opera on Eola is being put on at Lake Eola by a group called Opera Del Sol. My mother’s name is Del, so thank you for that. Expect opera performances, visual art, a vendor market, and food. Opera on Eola is Sunday 12 to 4 at Lake Eola Park. Continuing this weekend, UCF is taking over the Dr. Phillips Center for its annual “UCF Celebrates the Arts!” Take in shows like Pip Squeak- An anti-bullying magic show, When Pigs Fly- theatre for the very young, and Sergio Mendes. For times and details go to arts.ucf.edu While you’re downtown, stay for the Taco Crawl. Pay one fee and get four tacos and the chance to … Read More »
• Some of the finest oddities dealers and artists from around the state are selling bone art, taxidermy, wet specimens, antiques, Jewelry, and more inside a brewery! Meet fellow collectors and talk shop at the Orlando Oddities and Curiosities Market Saturday 1 to 6 at Hourglass Brewing. Join Andy Cohen and Anderson Cooper for an unscripted, uncensored and unforgettable night of conversation with the two interviewing themselves and taking questions from the audience. An Intimate Evening with Anderson Cooper & Andy Cohen is Saturday 8 to 10pm at Dr Phillips Center for the Performing Arts. Explore the history of the early 20th-century international eugenics movement and the complicity of physicians and scientists in Nazi racial policies. This exhibition challenges us to … Read More »
• An international group of 18 artists are featured in an exhibition exploring the impact of the vast scale of commerce and immigration worldwide on contemporary life. Very topical! The show Baggage Claims runs all weekend at Orlando Museum of Art. The newest collaboration between Crealdé School of Art and the Winter Garden Heritage Foundation offers a contemporary and historic window into the culture and landscape of Central Florida’s Lake Apopka during an exhibition called “The Lake: A Documentary Exploring the Land and People of Lake Apopka.” The show runs all weekend at Crealdé School of Art. Dr. Phillips Center Jazz Orchestra is performing a show called The Vocal Jazz Summit with some of Orlando’s best jazz and R&B vocalists tonight … Read More »
• For over 25 years, North Carolina photographer Tom Rankin documented rural churches and their surrounding sacred landscape. See his work on display and hear him speak about it at the Crealde School of Art Saturday 500-8:30. For more info go to crealde.org. The Florida Film Festival continues this weekend with screenings at both the Enzian Theatre and the Winter Park Village. Now in its 25th year, the Florida Film Festival is an Oscar qualifying festival, premiering the best in current, independent, and international cinema. The festival has 170 films and first-class events. Film lovers mingle with filmmakers and celebrities over hand-crafted cocktails and a delicious menu at Eden Bar and inside the theater at Enzian. For more information go to … Read More »
• Central FL Zoo Presentations, Animal Ambassadors, Arts & Crafts, Dancing, Face Painting, Shows & Rides, Walk-on-water Balls, SPCA Adopt-A-Pet, food and entertainment are all part of The Manatee Festival happening at Valentine Park in Orange City 9 to 5 this Saturday and Sunday. Go to themanateefestival.com for more information. Star Trek: The Ultimate Voyage brings five decades of Star Trek to concert halls for the first time in this Galaxy or any other. This lavish production includes an impressive live symphony orchestra and international solo instruments. People of all ages and backgrounds will experience the franchise’s groundbreaking and wildly popular musical achievements while the most iconic Star Trek film and TV footage is simultaneously beamed in high definition to a … Read More »
• Developers are finalizing a deal with Hilton to take on its Curio flag at the proposed hotel on the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts property. Meanwhile, the city of Orlando’s selection advisory committee is evaluating the 155-room hotel proposal those developers brought to the city, though no date has been set for a decision. If approved, the hotel would include an artist gallery, create up to 100-125 new jobs in the region and take about 16-18 months to build. Based on industry standards, this hotel could cost more than $58 million dollars to construct. Read More »