WMFE is Central Florida's primary provider of NPR programming on 90.7 FM and Classical Music on 90.7 HD2. Part of the community since 1965, WMFE focuses on providing quality national and local news and programming. We inspire and empower all Central Floridians to discover, grow and engage within and beyond their world.
• The Orange County Sheriff says the search is on for the body of a 2-year-old boy snatched by an alligator at Disney World. Authorities say the alligator dragged the Nebraska toddler under water at a man-made lagoon near Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort. Read More »
• Hundreds of athletes from around the world are preparing for the Invictus games in Orlando. The four-day competition for wounded, sick and injured service men and women gets underway Sunday. Read More »
• Take a tour of the brand new “flavor lab” at Disney, where chefs dream up the menus for the millions of Mickey Mouse fans who visit the parks. Then, host Matthew Peddie samples a fruit so pungent that it’s banned on public transportation in some parts of the world. Also, Orlando Sentinel food editor and dining critic Heather McPherson shares some highlights from the area’s burgeoning restaurant scene. Read More »
• Starting Thursday morning visitors to the happiest place on earth—Walt Disney World–have to go through metal detectors. SeaWorld and Universal now have them as well. This comes on the heels of recent terror attacks in Paris and California. Read More »
• Orlando mural artists will cover the outside of the Sam Flax store in a new mural and you can watch them do it live starting at 10 in the morning on Saturday. The will also be 3D printing, interactive stations, food and drink, music, raffles, free samples, face painting and more. Hundreds of well-dressed Disney fans clad in vintage crinoline, vests, up do swirl cuts, bowler hats and suspenders and sweat for the fashionably unofficial takeover of Hollywood Studios called Dapper Day at Disney. If you don’t have the required old people garb, show up anyways and take pictures. These people really do it up right and sweat. Maitland’s Taste of the Town is Saturday noon to 7 and will … Read More »