WMFE is Central Florida's primary provider of NPR programming on 90.7 FM and Classical Music on 90.7 HD2. Part of the community since 1965, WMFE focuses on providing quality national and local news and programming. We inspire and empower all Central Floridians to discover, grow and engage within and beyond their world.
• A labor relations panel has upheld most of a judge’s ruling that a Teamsters union representing Disney World workers committed an unfair labor practice when it ignored members’ requests to resign from the union. Read More »
• https://wmfeintersection.s3.amazonaws.com/051118_Intersection.mp3Podcast: Play in new window | DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSSA cluster of sinkholes in an Ocala neighborhood has forced some residents to move out. Engineers are testing the ground to see what’s caused the sinkholes and when it might be safe for those residents to return home. Florida is a sinkhole prone state, but there’s still a lot we don’t know about why they appear and when. On this episode of Intersection, UCF engineering professor Manoj Chopra joins us to explain the science of sinkholes and insurance specialist Patrick Joy … Read More »
• Disney unions in Orlando have filed a federal labor complaint against the theme park company. Union reps claim Disney is withholding bonuses from union workers as leverage in ongoing collective bargaining. The Walt Disney Company announced in January that it would give all non-executive domestic employees a one-time cash bonus of $1,000. But, union reps say, Disney informed the federal mediator overseeing current negotiations that they will withhold payment of the bonus to 38,000 union workers unless they accept Disney’s contract offer. If union employees don’t accept Disney’s proposal by Aug. 31, the bonus offer will expire. Unite Here Local 737 claims the bonus is being offered unconditionally to the more than 80,000 employees who are not union members or … Read More »
• The International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions kicks off its conference in Orlando today. More than 1000 exhibitors are at the Orange County Convention Center. Industry insiders gather to see the latest in rides and technology. Read More »
• For those who aren’t celebrating Halloween do I have some cultural event gems for you! Set to Tchaikovsky’s powerful score, and based on the folk tale of a young princess transformed into a swan by a vengeful sorcerer, Orlando Ballet’s production of Swan Lake promises an enchanting look at the classic romance. Saturday at 8 and Sunday at 2 at Dr. Phillps in downtown Orlando. For info go to orlandoballet.org. More than 400 crafters and artists from across the country offer their finest work for sale during the Mount Dora Craft Fair Saturday and Sunday 9 to 5 in downtown Mount Dora. For details go to mountdoracraftfair.com The annual celebration of vegan and vegetarian living with a little bit of … Read More »