School Supply Drive
Young Friends of 90.7 WMFE invites you to participate in our school supply drive to provide vital supplies to students in need throughout the school year. We have partnered with A Gift For Teaching, which has distributed nearly $108 million worth of supplies to more than 300 schools since 1998.
More than 65% (213,000) of students in Orange, Osceola and Seminole counties come from homes that cannot afford school supplies, and over 13,000 of them are homeless, according to A Gift For Teaching.
And the need for supplies doesn’t cease after the school year begins. That’s why our drive won’t stop in August – we will continue throughout the school year, collecting at WMFE’s studio, at community events and through community partners throughout Central Florida.
Here’s how you can support our community’s students and teachers:
1. Donate supplies.
- Packs of #2 pencils
- 8 or 10-count packs of washable markers
- Pocket folders
- Packs of loose-leaf paper
- 24-count crayon packs
- Hand sanitizer
- 90.7 WMFE, 11510 E. Colonial Drive, Orlando
- Canvs, 101 South Garland Avenue, Suite 108, Orlando
- Carmona Law, P.A., 7457 Aloma Ave, Suite 201, Winter Park & 20 S. Rose Ave., Suite 7, Kissimmee
- Colonial Photo and Hobby, 634 N Mills Ave., Orlando
- Congregation Ohev Shalom, 613 Concourse Parkway South, Maitland
- DHN Attorneys, 801 N Magnolia Ave., Ste. 216, Orlando
- Maitland Wellness Center, 237 Lookout Place, Maitland
- Orange County Regional History Center, 65 East Central Blvd, Orlando
- iQ Power, 691 Progress Way, Sanford
- Rumberger, Kirk & Caldwell, 300 South Orange Ave., Suite 1400, Orlando
- Temple Israel, 50 S. Moss Road, Winter Springs
- Ten Thousand Villages, 329 Park Ave N Unit 102, Winter Park
- Valencia College, 701 N. Econlockhatchee Trail, Orlando
- Valencia Foundation, 1768 Park Center Drive, Orlando
- Windermere Medical Center, 11600 Lakeside Village Lane, Windermere
- Wyndham Vacation Ownership, 6277 Sea Harbor Drive, Orlando
Can’t make it to a drop-off location?
Order through A Gift for Teaching’s Amazon wish list.
2. Spread the word.
Share this campaign on social media.
3. Host a drop-off location.
Sign up to collect supplies at your business, association or club. Download the School Supply Drive Toolkit, including instructions, signage and sample promotional messaging for email campaigns and social media. As a drive partner, your name/logo will be included on this page and on social media.
Thank you for supporting our community’s students and teachers! Questions? Email us.
Thank you to our partners in this project: