Jill Piontkowski Wins Teacher Makeover Contest
TEACHER MAKEOVER CONTEST WINNER CHOSEN
90.7 WMFE partners up to offer lucky teacher a carload of school supplies
ORLANDO — Jill Piontkowski is the winner of the 8th annual Back-to-Class MakeOver Contest for teachers! 90.7 WMFE partnered with Lisa Maile Seminars & Coaching and Orange Appeal Magazine on the contest, giving a deserving teacher a free makeover and a carload of school supplies.
Piontkowski is a sixth grade life science teacher at Orlando Science Schools, a STEM school in College Park.
Here’s what Jill won:
It’s a 3-day prize package, with a multi-step makeover that covers hair, clothing, makeup and overall presentation.
Day 1, Jill met with branding and image consultant Lisa Maile of Lisa Maile Seminars & Coaching at her home for a “Star in Your Own Closet” customized video consultation to create a winning wardrobe formula (accent on “Dress Your Best for LE$$”).
Day 2, Jill enjoyed personal shopping for new back-to-school clothes with stylist Lisa at The Mall at Millenia, courtesy of the Mall and your $500 The Mall at Millenia gift card.
Day 3, Jill received a total beauty makeover, starting with complete personalized hair services with stylist Ana Yebba of Salon Muse, including instruction on how to style your hair each morning, followed by a private makeup lesson with Leslie Christin, president of CARA Cosmetics and Studio CARA. Jill enjoyed her own personal photoshoot with award-winning photographer Sharon Lundberg to appear in a 2-page feature in the the September/October Orange Appeal Magazine, and receiving a lifetime Orange Appeal subscription.
And for the first time, 90.7 WMFE awarded a carload of school supplies to Jill, so her students benefit as well! The station’s Young Friends group runs the year-round ContinuED School Supply Drive, in partnership with A Gift For Teaching. Learn more HERE.
Thank you to all dedicated educators!
- You must teach in Seminole or Orange county.
- Deadline to enter is midnight July 14, and finalists may be required to interview.
- Winner must be available two days between Friday, July 20, & Saturday, July 28, to work with Lisa, as well as all day for the MakeOver Wednesday, Aug. 1.
- Students may nominate teachers; however, an official entry must be forwarded from the educator herself and is required to contain all items outlined above.
- To be considered, you must agree to the suggestions of our expert panel to package your best look (which may include a haircut), giving them carte blanche.
- The winner selected must be available during the days outlined above and agree to possible TV appearances.