Orange County Students Can Get Free Lunches at Area Libraries Over Summer Vacation
Students can now get free lunches over the summer holidays at their local library.
The grab-and-go meals will be available for pickup at mobile food trucks parked outside six Orange County Library System branches in the area from June 1 through July 30.
Children 18 years of age and younger can pick up the premade lunches Monday through Friday during the week.
Sites will be closed on Monday, July 5 in observance of Independence Day.
All lunches must be eaten off site due to COVID-19 health protocols. Food is free to all kids and no application is needed to qualify for the summer food program.
The lunches are provided through the USDA’s Summer BreakSpot program.
Participating libraries include:
- Chickasaw Branch: 11 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Fairview Shores Branch: 11 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Hiawassee Branch: 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- South Creek Branch: 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- North Orange Branch: 12:45 – 1:45 p.m.
- South Trail Branch: 1 – 2 p.m.
Get The 90.7 WMFE Newsletter
Your trusted news source for the latest Central Florida news, updates on special programs and more.GET THE LATEST