Here Are The Winners Of The 2017 Pulitzer Prizes
For a centenarian, the Pulitzer Prize appears to be as spry as ever.
Now in its 101st year, the prestigious prize recognized writers, artists and musicians of nearly every bent — from breaking news and cartooning, to fiction and drama. At a New York City ceremony Monday, Pulitzer Prize Administrator Mike Pride announced the 21 winners of the 2017 award.
Below, you can find a list of this year’s winners, linked to their winning works where available. You can also find the finalists — whose names were not released until Monday — right here.
- Public Service: The staff of the New York Daily News and ProPublica.
- Breaking News Reporting: The staff of East Bay Times.
- Investigative Reporting: Eric Eyre, the Charleston Gazette-Mail.
- Explanatory Reporting: The Panama Papers, by the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists, McClatchy and the Miami Herald.
- Local Reporting: The staff of The Salt Lake Tribune.
- National Reporting: David Fahrenthold, The Washington Post.
- International Reporting: The staff of The New York Times.
- Feature Writing: C.J. Chivers of The New York Times.
- Commentary: Peggy Noonan, The Wall Street Journal.
- Criticism: Hilton Als, The New Yorker.
- Editorial Writing: Art Cullen, The Storm Lake Times.
- Editorial Cartooning: Jim Morin, Miami Herald.
- Breaking News Photography: Daniel Berehulak, The New York Times.
- Feature Photography: E. Jason Wambsgans, Chicago Tribune.
Letters, Drama And Music
- Fiction: The Underground Railroad, by Colson Whitehead.
- Drama: Sweat, by Lynn Nottage.
- History: Blood in the Water: The Attica Prison Uprising of 1971 and Its Legacy, by Heather Ann Thompson.
- Biography or Autobiography: The Return, by Hisham Matar.
- Poetry: Olio, by Tyehimba Jess.
- General Nonfiction: Evicted: Poverty and Profit in the American City, by Matthew Desmond.
- Music: Angel’s Bone, by Du Yun.
Sign Up For 90.7 WMFE's Newsletter
Catch up on the latest Central Florida news and get updates on programs, events and more.SUBSCRIBE