Competing Claims Filed For $26M OneOrlando Fund
The city of Orlando received more than 350 claims for payment to victims of the Pulse nightclub tragedy, but has gotten competing claims for some victims.
The One Orlando fund is distributing $26 million dollars raised for victims. Families have until next Monday to sort out disputes, money will be deposited with a probate court until a judge sorts out the settlement.
“The fund did receive competing claim forms for some of the deceased victims. Those filing competing claims or claims lacking a distribution plan and/or Consent Forms have been notified that they must resolve those issues by Monday, September 26, 2016 or the funds for the victim will be deposited with the appropriate area probate court.”
The OneOrlando fund will continue raising money until this Friday to distribute to victims. Some key dates ahead:
- Preliminary audit reviews are being conducted to provide a total amount of money raised by each of the Fund organizations. These reviews will be completed this week.
- All monies received by the OneOrlando Fund by Friday, September 23 will be part of this distribution.
- The board will meet prior to Tuesday, September 27 to adopt a distribution allocation based on the final amount in the Fund.
- Once the allocation is adopted, funds will be prepared for distribution. Direct deposits and check distributions will begin on Tuesday, September 27 on a rolling basis.
- Independent audit scheduled to begin after Saturday, October 15.
Get The 90.7 WMFE Newsletter
Your trusted news source for the latest Central Florida news, updates on special programs and more.GET THE LATEST