Come fly with me: International traffic up by 393 percent in November at Orlando International Airport
International traffic at Orlando International Airport increased by 393 percent in November.
Updated hours: 💉 The @Walmart vaccination site at our airport has updated their hours of operation, as follows:
⌚ 11am – 5pm
🚶 Walk-ins only
📍 Level 3, near the checkpoint for gates 70-129 pic.twitter.com/MmhPfs7d5y
— Orlando International Airport (@MCO) January 24, 2022
There were more than 251,000 international arrivals and departures out of Orlando International Airport in November.
That’s a whopping 393 percent increase from the previous month.
November marked the return of fully vaccinated passengers from the UK and Dublin, Ireland to the theme parks.
And a busy Thanksgiving holiday travel season also helped boost international and domestic travel.
Still, the airport has a ways to go before it reaches pre-pandemic international travel highs. These numbers only constitute a 2 percent increase from the same time in 2020.
Here’s some other impressive stats:
- Domestic passenger traffic climbed nearly 106 percent in November compared to 2020 with some 3,633,450 travelers at MCO.
- Combined traffic was up nearly 114 percent with 3,884,962 passengers for the month.
- Calendar year-to-date, international traffic is up 1.74 percent with 1,559,674 arrivals and departures while domestic traffic is up 92.59 percent with 34,616,789 travelers at Orlando International Airport.
- Combined calendar year-to-date traffic is up 85.45 percent with a total of 36,176,463 travelers at MCO
New Unruly Passenger Numbers since 1/1/22:
– 228 reports of unruly passengers
– 139 related to facemasks
– 32 investigations initiated
– 12 enforcement action cases initiated
Unruly Passenger Rate as of 1/16/22: 4.6 incidents per 10K flights https://t.co/5pWmLArNSD #FlySmart pic.twitter.com/57zxg8aegH
— The FAA ✈️ (@FAANews) January 26, 2022
Get The 90.7 WMFE Newsletter
Your trusted news source for the latest Central Florida news, updates on special programs and more.GET THE LATEST