WMFE is Central Florida's primary provider of NPR programming on 90.7 FM and Classical Music on 90.7 HD2. Part of the community since 1965, WMFE focuses on providing quality national and local news and programming. We inspire and empower all Central Floridians to discover, grow and engage within and beyond their world.
• The Equality Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation and more. LGBTQ Veterans in Florida are pushing for Senators Marco Rubio and Rick Scott to sign it. Read More »
• Grady Hendrix has two books that are being turned into shows: The Southern Book Club’s Guide to Slaying Vampires and The Final Girl Support Group. He talks with WMFE about his upcoming event through the Orange County Library, what to read this Halloween season and what he’s done to characters that haunted him. Read More »
• The transition between the Trump administration and the Biden administration is one of the most dangerous periods in American history, according to Washington Post national political reporter Robert Costa. Costa talks with WMFE’s Nicole Darden Creston about ‘Peril’, his new book, with Bob Woodward. Read More »
• Low earth orbit is a busy place these days- an all civilian mission circled the earth on a multi-day mission recently, and SpaceX is getting ready to launch another crew to the International Space Station later this month. Read More »
• Aquanza Cadogan says he was already familiar with the fast-paced format of PechaKucha when he was invited to present a talk at Pecha Kucha Night Orlando in 2017. “I had stumbled across it on Facebook, and was immediately drawn to it just because I was looking for a home to actually speak more. I was looking for a platform such as that. And when he gave me the opportunity, I was just over the moon excited.” The format requires presenters to give a speech with 20 slides, each slide timed to stay on screen for 20 seconds. “It is storytelling with a time limit, it is a quick engagement, a quick connection with a storyteller, hopefully a moment to … Read More »