WMFE is Central Florida's primary provider of NPR programming on 90.7 FM and Classical Music on 90.7 HD2. Part of the community since 1965, WMFE focuses on providing quality national and local news and programming. We inspire and empower all Central Floridians to discover, grow and engage within and beyond their world.
• Walk in Mr. Roger’s footsteps and hear the story of how the humble genius first came to Winter Park, how he met his beloved wife Joanne, where they went to school together, and the inscription that guided his life. Read More »
• Enjoy the 12 wines of Christmas, Santa’s village, live music, food trucks, vendors, beer gardens, and a fireworks display to kick off the holiday season. Jingle Eve is Saturday, 5 – 10pm in Ivanhoe Village. Enjoy an afternoon of electric Jazz music, lunch, craft cocktails, and shopping in a beautiful, serene setting all while helping to benefit Mead Botanical Garden. The show will consist of world class musicians performing a collection of some popular Jazz standards with a twist. Jazz in the Garden is Sunday, 12 – 4pm at Mead Botanical Garden. Take a stroll down the Longwood Historic District where the streets will be lined with 200+ craft vendors, food, beer, wine tastings, live entertainment, and a Kid’s Zone … Read More »
• Enjoy food trucks, vendors, local pet rescue organizations & pet adoption agencies, and even get your dog vaccinated, microchipped, or tested for heartworms during Barktoberfest ( yes, in November) Sunday, 12 – 4pm at Lake Eola Park. Experience hot air balloons glowing at dusk (weather permitting), tethered rides (weather permitting), local food vendors, retail vendors, and activities for the kids during The Orlando Balloon Glow tonight thru Sunday, 5 – 9pm at Blue Jacket Park. Bust out your ugliest, cheesiest, holiday sweater and enjoy beverage tastings, food, live music, games, karaoke, a photo booth, and of course, an ugly sweater contest during the Ugly Sweater Holiday Party Saturday, 7 – 10pm at the Orlando Museum of Art. Have an enlightening … Read More »
• Enjoy a drive-in style showing of Disney’s new Aladdin movie, food trucks, and kid’s activities at the Eastwood Movie Night Saturday 5 – 9:30 at Sunrise Elementary. Immerse yourself in live jazz, rock, and R&B performances from 12 bands on 3 different stages, eat dinner from local food trucks and restaurants, and shop local vendors and more at the College Park Jazz Fest Saturday night 5 to 11 in College Park. Enjoy a free outdoor family classical music concert and performance of Dr. Seuss’s “The Sneetches” and “Green Eggs & Ham” alongside food trucks, family-friendly activities, and more at the Orlando Philharmonic Outdoor Family Concert Saturday 1:30 to 4 at Seneff Arts Plaza in Downtown Orlando. Enjoy art from over … Read More »
• This weekend is the grand opening of the cat cafe in downtown Orlando called The Kitty Beautiful. They’ll have cat movie nights, yoga classes with cats walking all around, and regular cuddling hours where you make a reservation, come in and cuddle with the cats for an hour. All the cats are adoptable as well. For details and info go to thekittybeautiful.as.me. And speaking of cats, the most furry charity gala of the year is this weekend featuring a night of adoptable puppies and kittens in their cuddle lounge, live entertainment, auction items and the return of the Stanley Steamer After Party during Fur Ball 2019, Saturday 6 to 11 at the Four Seasons Resort. Ever fiberbombed a tree … Read More »
• Enjoy healthy living and eco-friendly exhibitors, speakers, and presentations; non-profits; fun and games for kids; dog and cat adoptions; restaurant booths; food preparation demonstrations, live music, entertainment and more at the Central Florida Veg Fest Saturday 10-6 at Orlando Festival Park. For details go to CFVegFest.org. Buy a wristband at Wally’s Bar between 7:30pm and 11pm and enjoy specials at a bunch of Mills50 District bars, restaurants and businesses all night long during the “Chills50 Pub Crawl and Costume Contest” Saturday at 7:30 in the Mills50 District. For details go to mills50.org. Enjoy an afternoon of electric Jazz music, tasty food, craft cocktails, and shopping, all in a beautiful, serene setting benefitting Mead Botanical Garden during Bobby Koelble Presents Jazz … Read More »
• The stage comedy The Animatronicans follows the adventures of 4 theme park animatronic characters who also happen to be roommates: Hall of President’s Abraham Lincoln, Journey into Imagination’s Dreamfinder, Maelstrom’s Polar Bear, and Carousel of Progress’s John. The play was a hit at Orlando Fringe and spawned an equally successful sequel. See both at The Animatronicans Double Feature Sunday at 2 at Orlando Museum of Art. For tickets go to orlandofringe.org. Meet Mayor Demings, his staff, and the County Commissioners, interact with county departments for hands-on demonstrations, and enjoy giveaways and activities during the Mayor Jerry L. Demings Open House Saturday 10 to 2 at the Orange County Administration Center in downtown Orlando. To RSVP go to ocfl.net/OpenHouse. Enjoy an … Read More »