WMFE is Central Florida's primary provider of NPR programming on 90.7 FM and Classical Music on 90.7 HD2. Part of the community since 1965, WMFE focuses on providing quality national and local news and programming. We inspire and empower all Central Floridians to discover, grow and engage within and beyond their world.
• Enjoy live music from 4 DJs and 3 bands, be in or watch a cooking competition, and eat from over 20 local food trucks at the Central Florida Soul Food Festival Saturday 4 to 9 at Eagle Nest Park. Enjoy a nighttime, flashlight adventure in the woods with a tour guide during which you’ll get to see zoo animals like you’ve never seen them before – in the dark with a flashlight! – During Night Hike at the Zoo Saturday 7:30 to 10 at the Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens in Sanford. Enjoy authentic traditional fare from countries all over the world, live music, entertainment, eating contests, prizes, and a ride on the Orlando Eye at The International Food … Read More »
• This Is My Brave, a show about what it’s like to live through mental illness and come out on the other side, is a live presentation of touching essays, original music, comedy and poetry, performed by over a dozen individuals living with―or loving someone with―a mental illness. This is My Brave takes place Sunday at 3 at the Dr Phillips Center. Enjoy 150 Indoor Outdoor vendors selling crafts, home goods, Gift card giveaways, food trucks and more at Trader Mae’s Fall Festival Saturday and Sunday 9 to 6 at Trader Maes Furniture and Decor Market in Apopka. Get an inside look into United Ballet Theatre’s unique regimen that stands out from any other ballet company, meet their 20 dancers from … Read More »
• Celebrate the art of filmmaking by watching movies made by people involved in the art of making movies during the Melrose Film Festival happening Saturday and Sunday 10 to 5 at the Melrose Center inside the downtown Orlando Public Library. Shop over 100 local vendors, artists, and makers, enjoy food, live music, and adult beverages during the Sanford Indie Market Sunday 11 – 5 at Tuffy’s Bottle Shop & Lounge in downtown Sanford. The Orlando Soul Market is billed as a farmers market with a soulful twist! Enjoy Cultural vendors, and food trucks and a live benefit concert benefiting Bahamas Relief. Orlando Soul Market is Saturday 10 to 5 at the Container Theatre. Enjoy artisan ice cream and donuts at … Read More »
• Pulp Fest Music Festival will be putting 35 bands on 3 stages of bands with the music and the loudness and the people playing the instruments and the vendors to the left and right of the stage selling God knows what – oh you kids and you’re music! Pulp Fest is Sunday 1 in the afternoon to 11:30 at night at Wills Pub. Back when Faye Dunaway had a human face she starred in a successful film called Bonnie and Clyde. The film was turned into a musical and the folks at Celebration Theatre Company are putting it on Saturday and Sunday at Dr. Phillips Center. For tickets go to celebrationtheatreco.com A structured pack walk is a walk that … Read More »
• As everyone gets storm ready. Here are indoor events taking place before its full arrival. To paraphrase Dojo Cat: Moo I’m a cow… I’m not a cat I don’t say Meow! If you however are a cat person and would like to enjoy cat videos while raising money for a pet rescue… then head over to Enzian Theatre Sunday afternoon from 1 to 2:30 for Cat Video Fest 2019 hosted by Enzian Theatre and Pet Rescue by Judy – who will also be there with adoptable kitties! For details go to enzian.org If you’re the Cat’s Pajamas or have Pajamas with cats on them…or any other fun theme. Body//Talk is hosting a Pajama Party at The Geek Easy on Semoran … Read More »
• When someone mentions mathematics to me, I think of the late 90’s Mos Def hit, if you think of fractions and formulas- and are a middle schooler- than you have no idea who Mos Def is… but this event is for you: Orlando Math Circle presents “Play with Math” Saturday at 11 AM – 1 PM at the Winter Park Community Center. This event is designed for Middle School students and will go through activities taken from the Julia Robinson Mathematics Festival. It will be facilitated by college mathematics student volunteers and STEM professionals from NASA. The event is free but RSVP is required through the Eventbrite ticket website. City Arts along with Downtown Arts District Orlando are hosting “Art … Read More »