WMFE is Central Florida's primary provider of NPR programming on 90.7 FM and Classical Music on 90.7 HD2. Part of the community since 1965, WMFE focuses on providing quality national and local news and programming. We inspire and empower all Central Floridians to discover, grow and engage within and beyond their world.
• Stephanie Murphy is running for re-election in Florida’s 7th congressional district. She highlights jobs, security and ensuring Floridians have an opportunity for success in a conversation with Intersection about her first term and what she wants to focus on if she wins in November. Read More »
• Republican Mike Miller wants to flip Florida’s 7th congressional district 7 blue to red. Miller, who’s the state representative in Florida’s House District 47, says he plans to take lessons learned from the state capitol about balancing the budget and working across the aisles to Washington. Read More »
• The war of words over Florida House District 47 is heating up, with Democratic candidate Anna Eskamani sending the Florida GOP a letter demanding they “cease the use of fake quotes” attributed to her in campaign fliers and TV ads. Earlier this week Eskamani joined Intersection for a conversation about the issues she’s campaigning on. Today we hear from Republican candidate for Florida House District 47 Stockton Reeves, executive director of the Center for Public Safety- which focuses on research and planning for police, fire and other first responders building new facilities. Read More »
• As Hurricane Michael battered the panhandle Wednesday, candidates running for election in the mid terms suspended their campaigns and rolled into disaster response mode. But even as the eye of the storm came ashore, attack ads were still flying… prompting cries of foul play. Read More »
• Raising a puppy to give it away may seem like a heartbreaking proposition but for Volunteer Puppy Raisers Jeanne Curtin and Melissa Paul, it’s worth it. Curtin, with her puppy Alfie, and Paul with her puppy Tosh, stopped by WMFE to talk about the work of raising a canine companion. Read More »
• In the hyper partisan politics of 2018, some candidates are hoping partisanship into votes. Democrat Anna Eskamani says that’s not her strategy, as she tries to flip Florida’s House District 47 from red to blue. Read More »
• How big a deal is education for voters as they head to the polls in November? One candidate in Florida’s gubernatorial race, wants to pump $1 billion more into education in the sunshine state. But how to pay for it? Read More »