WMFE is Central Florida's primary provider of NPR programming on 90.7 FM and Classical Music on 90.7 HD2. Part of the community since 1965, WMFE focuses on providing quality national and local news and programming. We inspire and empower all Central Floridians to discover, grow and engage within and beyond their world.
• The park Ave 5K run is a 5K run through Park Ave and the surrounding areas of glorious Winter Park. I wonder if they’re going to run through the poor area of Winter Park near downtown that’s slowly being gentrified, house by house, lot by lot, until no original residents are left? Too soon? The Park Ave 5K is Saturday at 7:30 at the intersection of Park Ave and Morse Blvd. Experience traditional highland athletics, dance, art, music, culture, and food at the Central Florida Scottish Highland Games which take place Saturday and Sunday all day at Central Winds Park in Winter Springs. Think key lime pie is just a dish your mom raved over in 1988 when she took … Read More »
• The Orlando Fringe Winter Mini-Fest is happening this weekend. Among the shows chosen for the mini-fest is “Shakespeare’s Ghostbusters,” a stage adaptation of the iconic 1984 film performed in Shakespeare-esque language. Read More »
• Are you a lover of the Orlando Fringe Festival? Get a big heaping taste of it this weekend! The festival is putting on Winter Mini-Fest, which features 22 shows, many of which are from around the country. The festival takes place all weekend at the Orlando Shakespeare Center. For details go to orlandofringe.org. Marlon Wayans, the famous actor, stand-up comedian, and star of the NBC TV show “Marlon,” is performing Saturday at 4:45 p.m. at Orlando Improv. Watch a movie, enjoy brunch, and drink a cocktail all at the same time during Uncomfortable Brunch! This film buff afternoon event has been running for five years. The film this week is “Mulholland Drive”. Uncomfortable Brunch takes place Sunday at 1 … Read More »
• The Orlando Blues and Jazz Festival is happening Saturday at Eagle Nest Park in the Metro West area. Don’t let the moniker fool you – although some similarly-named events are staples in the area, this is the first blues and jazz festival of its kind. Read More »
• Do you like Star Wars? Absolutely without a doubt 100 percent boots the house down realness! Do you like art? Well would like art if it had Star Wars on it? Yes! The Annual Star Wars Art Show takes place Saturday 4 to 8 at the Hourglass Brewery. Millions and millions of postcards from the past featuring every topic imaginable will be on display and for sale during the DeLand Paper and Postcard Expo. Imagine – postcards on tables, postcards on shelves, postcards behind glass cases. All for sale. The DeLand Paper and Postcard Expo is Saturday 10 to 4 at Volusia County Fairgrounds. Would you like your house to be decorated with old stuff, just not your own? Then … Read More »